LaPont is a well established open International Language Centre
Australian owned, since 1995 with its Head office in CBD Brisbane
We have a local presence at some of the best Colleges in Brisbane…
Conducting intensive tailored language programs at:
- Brisbane CBD
- Manly, MBC College
- Hawthorne, LHC College
LaPont Language Centre is managed by dedicated professional linguists who offer a high standard of language tuition based on its dedication to quality and excellence in the delivery of individual Language training courses.
Reasons for Choosing LaPont:
LaPont Language Centre has organised European Language training and international cross-cultural meetings for the EU Delegation for over a decade.
Lapont is proud to have received accolades for many projects including its contribution to a UN Diplomatic Language and Cultural European Program in New York City (2003-2004)
- Established in 1995, our history is an excellent indicator of our successful approach to language tuition
- We charge a flat session rate with no travel or booking fees
- We supply all learning material
- Each client has an individually tailored program designed to complement the client’s particular business vocabulary needs
- LaPont language trainers are native teachers and university graduates, holding relevant local training certificates
- All teachers need to pass a training process based on our rigorous criteria and methodology.
- Teachers are selected on their academic background, skill level, experience, their general fit for the assignment, motivation and reliability. They are also registered and background checked.
- You select your preferred location; either the convenience of your own office or at our CBD language training centre. Sessions can also be suspended and credited; thus creating total flexibility for the busy executive. We offer occasional Skype lessons for the frequent business traveller, conducted by the student’s personal teacher for consistency
- Clients will not be charged for tuition marginally exceeding the hourly rate
- We also provide foreign business etiquette and cross-cultural language training
- LaPont Language Centre strives to provide information and guide students through the tuition process. We believe in giving our clients transparency providing a realistic forecast of what their tuition will achieve for their staff in a given time
In summary LaPont Language Centre is owned and operated by a fully qualified linguist with over 25 years industry experience in the public and private education sectors, both nationally and internationally.
Module Level 1-2:
Mandarin for Business 1 aims at providing a systematic approach to acquiring essential oral and written Chinese in a business communication context. The course will provide a basic foundation in Mandarin Chinese including listening, speaking, reading and writing at an elementary level on a variety of general and business related topics. The course will also provide an introduction to Business etiquette, customs, culture and society in various areas of mainland China. The course is designed to encourage students to master the basics and make genuine progress on speaking and listening skills right from the start.
Chinese pinyin and Romanisation Pronunciation with different tones Word and word order, yes/no question with ma Numbers and measure words Sentences with question words: shenme (what), shei (who), na (where), na yige (which)
Business greetings Introduction Company / Industry specific essential vocabulary Making appointments Requesting information Invitation More topics will depend on the industry sector and Languages